Arrive May 25, 2018 Durban, South Africa – Depart June 3, 2018 for US
Highlights South Africa, Kwazulu Natal, Safari and World Heritage site (Isimangaliso Wetland Park)
9 nights and 10 days
- A warm welcome awaits you at the airport and you will be transferred to your lodge. Here you will have the opportunity to enjoy luxurious facilities and 30 acres of private botanical gardens. The grounds and buildings have been designed to be wheelchair friendly with 18 ponds, waterways and prolific birdlife.
- There is even a swimming pool with full access for wheelchair users. Located in the rolling hills of Kwazulu Natal and near the Valley of a Thousand Hills this is the perfect place to unwind, relax, and be enchanted by the scenery after your exertions of a long flight.
- The beautiful gardens are an oasis of peace and serenity with indigenous and exotic plants and provide the ideal backdrop to achieve the desired levels of relaxation for all who visit. Enjoy walks through the 30 acres of gardens incorporating, artworks, sculptures, a magnificent Japanese garden, cycad gardens, ponds and meandering pathways leading to waterfalls.
- Soak up your first day in Africa by spoiling yourself at Makaranga Health Spa with its special invigorating and holistic treatment range. In addition, you can enjoy the African sun next to the large full accessible rock swimming pool.
- Welcome dinner (Dinner and breakfast)(5 star lodge Durban) (Makaranga Garden Lodge, Durban)
- As above Relax for first day also enjoy treatments at health spa.
- Spend the day in Durban Central at Ushaka Marine World that also has accessible beach wheelchairs and snorkeling ponds with over 5000 fish. Included at Ushaka Marine World are attractions such as Shark Feeding, Turtle, and Dolphin. Penguin and Seal shows – a fun day for everyone! Afternoon we head along Durban Beachfront with its colorful markets to Moses Madiba Stadium which was built for The World Cup 2010. This stadium has an accessible cable car with wonderful views of Durban and Coastline 40 stories high.
- (Breakfast)(5 star Makaranga Garden Lodge, Durban)
- Today we head out to the great African safari to the World Heritage Site namely the Isimangaliso Wetland Park which includes Hluhluwe Game Reserve South Africa`s second largest Big Five Game Reserve. Afternoon at leisure at Game Reserve Lodge with its abundant bird and wildlife. Today’s adventures include a visit to Dumazulu Traditional Zulu Village where you will learn of the African Zulu Tribe as you visit its cultural village. Be spellbound by the energetic Zulu Dancing with its awesome rhythm of drumbeats and African dancing!
- Welcome dinner (Dinner and Breakfast) (Lodge Hluhluwe Game Reserve).
- These are the days where the spirit of Africa touches your soul. We embark on leisurely extended game drives to all areas of Hluhluwe Game Reserve. There is much to explore! Your experienced ranger will help you spot and identify many species of bird and animal life. (The Elephant Coast has more than 500 species of birdlife recorded). With a little assistance most people will be able to distinguish the more common families of birds in no time at all. Look out for the abundant animal life such as black rhino, nyala, kudu, hippo, crocodile, waterbuck, reedbuck, red duiker, baboons, monkeys, hyena, wildebeest, giraffe and often to be seen elephant and buffalo. You may also see lion, cheetah, wild dog and other predators. Time will be spent in the Hluhluwe side of the game reserve and on other days will be spent enjoying the Umfolozi side of the game reserve. (Optional Extra open 4×4 safari vehicle please see details below)
- (Dinner and Breakfast (Lodge Hluhluwe Game Reserve) South African Traditional Barbecue under the stars.
- Elephant Interaction – A unique and wonderful experience in the heart of Zululand where you get close and interact with these powerful but gentle creatures. Guests seeking deeper meaning to their visit have close contact and interaction with these elephants. Although little can match the thrill of seeing wild elephants in Hluhluwe Game Reserve, guests are also afforded an opportunity of close contact with 2 mature elephant that were orphaned and hand reared but are now free to range in a private game reserve that is over 2 500 hectares. These two elephant come up to visit the viewing area each morning, for a welcome snack of game pellets. Here you will be able to interact with them in well controlled situations and also enjoy suburb interpretation of the elephant species, which is enlightening and clearly shows the care and concern that is shown. Visit to Ilala Weavers with its restaurant where you will enjoy lunch and curio shops featuring traditional Zulu basket weaving and beading (Afternoon- Visit to Kulani Special Needs School set in rural Zulu area near Hluhluwe.
- (Breakfast) (Overnight Lodge Hluhluwe Game Reserve)
- Safari game drives in Hluhluwe Game Reserve exploring all the magnificent sights this Game Reserve has to offer. We head late afternoon for a visit to Cat and Cheetah Rehabilitation Centre Join us for an up close and personal tour and learn more about South Africa’s endangered wild cat species. Come and be mesmerized by the beauty of the Caracal (Lynx), enchanted by the playful Serval, astonished by the speed and agility of the Cheetah and delighted by the African Wildcat. View and photograph these amazing animals at this Centre. There are educational tours daily, with feedings during the afternoon tour and an informative talk about the animals The aim of this Centre is to care for the cats which have been orphaned or injured in the wild and are in need of care and rehabilitation.
- We set off for St Lucia where we will stay tonight. St Lucia is a picturesque village situated within a nature reserve and which is surrounded by 5 distinct ecosystems and iSimangaliso Wetland Park. Dinner at 4 star Lodge St Lucia. (
- (Dinner and breakfast. Overnight St Lucia)
- Today we will enjoy a boatride along the estuary with wonderful sightings of birds, hippos and wetland park. Afternoon at leisure exporing village with its markets and restaurants.
- (Breakfast) Overnight St Lucia)
- Safari at Cape Vidal with Rhino, Waterbuck, Kudu and many other species of wildlife. Cape Vidal is part of the Isimangaliso Wetland Park- a World Heritage Site incorporating beautiful game reserves with wild beaches.
- Farewell dinner under the stars.
- (Breakfast and dinner)(4 star Lodge,St Lucia)
- Transfer to Durban Airport for flight to United States
$3300.00 US per person sharing.
Single Supplement $1550.00 (Total Cost $4850.00)
Please note that prices may fluctuate if there is a significant change in exchange rates. We will keep you posted on this if it occurs.
The vehicles are geared for Universal access with use with hydraulic ramps and all wheelchairs will be clamped down. We arrange as suitable for the group that wheelchair users and carers will be together.
- 3nights 5* accommodation and 6nights 4* accommodation
- 3 safaris with personal rangers and guides.
- All transport and transfers in accessible wheelchair friendly vehicles.
- All meals as indicated (9 breakfasts) and five dinners.
- Guides and field guides throughout trip.
- All activities and entry fees as in itinerary
- Includes Entry Fees
- Ushakamarine World, Cable Car, Hluhluwe/Umfolozi Game Reserve, Cheetah Park, Elephant Experience, Cape Vidal Game Reserve, Boatride on lake, Traditional Zulu Village and show.
- Visa and flights
- Insurances/Travel and Medical
- Tips for guides/drivers and graturies
- Drinks and refreshments.
TERMS & CONDITIONS ACCESS2AFRICA SAFARIS
All tours are subject to the following Terms of Business. Changes may be negotiated on a case by case basis.
CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT
- Less than 40 days prior to departure: Payment in full at time of confirmation.
- More than 40 days prior to departure:
- Deposit to confirm booking. Deposit is non refundable.
- 20% of total amount, including any additional activities and surcharges
- Balance of payment: Required 40 days prior to commencement of the safari.
CHANGES TO ITINERARY
Changes are subject to availability and should additional costs be incurred these will be at the clients expense.
We reserve the right to make changes to a tour in the best interest of the client, in response to changes beyond its control.
We reserve the right to cancel any booking for which the total amount has not been received by the due date. In this event, the client will forfeit 20% of the total amount and the balance refunded.
Cancellations of confirmed bookings must be made in writing and will be effective from the date the cancellation is received. The following cancellation charges based on the total value of the safari will apply:
- More than 40 days prior to departure: 20% cancellation fee
- Less than 40 days prior to departure: 100% cancellation fee
Should a client fail to join a tour, join after the departure date or leave the tour before completion no refund will be made and any additional expenses occurred will be for the clients own expense. Please note additional information sent by email that clients circumstances are always taken into consideration and we can postpone date if required if we are informed ahead of time.